- Clean up your diet and you’ll achieve your bodyweight goals.
- Copy a business model and you’ll save yourself years of agony.
- Learn a new technology stack and you’ll be more marketable.
- Pick up a book and you’ll have a better understanding of the world.
- Push through the hard parts and you’ll create something great.
- Get eight hours of sleep and you’ll feel refreshed in the morning.
- Do something everyday for 47 days and you’ll have a life-long habit.
- Save and invest 10% of your income and you’ll be rich in 20 years.
But if you’re not tweaking the formulas you fall back on or, better yet, trying new ones, you’ll never achieve results beyond what you want. You’ll never achieve new results you never thought were possible.
Formulas have an opportunity cost. Once you pick one you’re telling yourself it’s better than all the rest. That’s fine if it’s working. Problem is all formulas at some point stop working. The world changes around you as should your formulas for life and business.